Thursday, August 07, 2008

Heartbreak Kid

Ginger and I watched The Heartbreak Kid tonight. It was one of those things were we saw the preview and it looked mildly interesting. And it's got Ben Stiller in it, and remember back when he made There's Something About Mary and that movie was hysterical, so you're thinking "How bad can this be, should be pretty funny", right? Well, I'm here to tell you it can be that bad. Literally this movie is funnier as the preview than the movie. And you might as well save yourself the trouble and just watch the preview since it sums up the entire movie and shows all the amusing moments (and after those fifteen seconds are done it shows some other scenes from the movie too). And while the whole Three's Company misunderstanding stuff can be funny when done right, here it wasn't. I can't even think of any moment in the movie where I actually laughed. The best I managed was a smile here and there. Avoid this movie if at all possible.

No comments: