Monday, March 19, 2007

Videos!


So here's a highlight video of some stuff from Catherine's Birthday party last month. Took me long enough to get to this. I'm guessing not too many people are going to be interested in watching the whole thing (it's just under five minutes).

And I don't typically embed other people's videos here, but I saw a couple that I think are worth checking out, so I'll give you the links instead of embedding them.

First up, a human bungee sling shot. This looks totally awesome. Someone build one of these (and then convince Ginger to allow me to try it).

Next we have guy exiting a parking garage. The dude apparently decides to leave his car in drive while he opens the garage door. Hilarity ensues.

Build elaborate sand castles, film blowing them up with some high speed film then play it backwards. Do another set because it's cool.

And finally one for the kids. Human slinkies!

And here's a Miss Manners question that was generated by an actual event that occurred as I was about to leave work the other day. In this day and age of ever increasing availability and access, what are the limits? I hit the head before leaving work and another guy in the restroom gets a cell phone call and then proceeds to answer it. Is the call really that important? Now maybe it's just me, but couldn't the call wait the two or three minutes till he's out of the bathroom. A men's bathroom just seems like it could generate all kinds of unwanted extraneous noise that a caller probably has no interest in hearing.

1 comment:

Buddy Tignor said...

I love the Miss Manners question...one of my good friends here takes his cellphone into the restroom and answers and even makes calls...all the time...regardless if its number 1 or 2 ...needless to say I won't bum minutes off of him anytime soon :-)