Monday, March 26, 2007

Kid Art


So I thought I would show off some art the kids made yesterday. They were bible story related drawings. Catherine's is pretty generic and she just drew some angels. I actually thought she did a really good job fleshing them out for her age.


Next up we have Quinn who apparently took the minimalistic approach to making a picture. This is a representation of the story of the adulteress. You know, the one where the evil Pharisees were trying to trick Jesus and get him to condemn the woman who had been caught having an affair. It's the one where in the end he diffused the situation by saying "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." The thing I can't tell you though is who is who in the picture. I'm fairly certain the woman is the one with no legs. Maybe that's a dress covering up her legs. Although she seems awful happy for someone in such a dire situation. I think Jesus is the guy with no arms on the left because I'm inclined to believe the guy on the right is suppose to be a Pharisee since I think he's holding a rock and it looks as if he might have a beard (and as anyone who's watched Star Trek can tell you, evil counterparts always have facial hair).

1 comment:

Scott said...

as anyone who's watched Star Trek can tell you, evil counterparts always have facial hair

...unless you're No. 1 from TNG who was always lame, with or without hair.