Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day


Had a nice day off for Memorial Day. Ginger had to run to the store at one point, so while she was gone the kids and I biked over to the nearby school. I think this was the first time Catherine had ridden her bike that far. I didn't have anything to take pictures with except for my small hand held camera (which is my way of saying excuse the poor quality of the photos).




Once we were there we played on the playground for a bit, how the kids are doing on the monkey bars always impresses me these days.


Now I know a kid doing monkey bars isn't that big of a deal, but I find it fascinating considering that it wasn't that long ago that Quinn didn't have the upper body strength to do the monkey bars at all. Now he can do it with a little effort. I don't know whether to attribute the improvement to him growing, or whether the gymnastics class he's been attending has something to do with it (maybe a little from column A and a little from column B). Whatever the reason it's nice to see him progressing.


After that we left the school and rode a bit further down the rode to an area where there were a couple of baseball fields. After Quinn wore himself out pretending to play and running around the bases a couple times we started to head back. Once we got back to the school we took a break for the kids to have a drink. I could tell Catherine was struggling at this point though, so I called Ginger and she drove over and picked up Catherine while Quinn and I biked back. And even though we were only on bikes we managed to beat them back home. Considering Ginger had to put Catherine's bike into the car and add to that the fact that they stopped to look at the neighborhood pool that had opened on the way home and I shouldn't be surprised that we beat them (but I was anyway).

For dinner we did the traditional grilling out (I think that's like a Memorial Day requirement or something).

No comments: