Thursday, November 20, 2008

Parent's Night


Tonight was parent's night at the kid's school. We got to observe them in their natural environment. Turns out apparently Quinn goofs around a lot and does almost all his work with his friend Franco. I got to observe sentence deconstruction, seven digit multiplication, music and finally testing the rigidity and elasticity of solids. Some pretty heavy concepts for a seven year old.






Catherine meanwhile was polishing shoes. When I tried to explained to her there was once a very famous shoeshine boy, she gave me a look that indicated she had no idea what I was talking about.


Then Catherine showed me how she does work on a computer at school. A really really old manual computer.




Ultimately we didn't end up leaving until around eight, which is well past the kid's bedtime, so I can only imagine how well things are going to go tomorrow since our toughest days are usually those where the kids are tired (and those cranky and irritable, although thinking about it, those traits could be simple genetics they get from me).

No comments: