Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Can You Guess It?


Lately as I've been driving the kids to school we've been playing 20 questions. Quinn stumped me pretty good the other day. Let me give you a sampling of some of his answers to my questions and see if you can figure out the answer.

Me: Is it alive?

Quinn: No.

Me: Is it something you drive?

Quinn: No.

Me: Is it bigger than me?

Quinn: No.

Me: Is it in our neighborhood?

Quinn: Yes.

Me: Is it in our house?

Quinn: No.

Me: Do we see it on the way to school?

Quinn: Yes.

Me: Is it something you play with?

Quinn: No.

Me: Is it something you get in?

Quinn: Noooooooooo. You would die if you got in it.

Me: Really? Hmmm, I'm having trouble coming up with something lethal in our neighborhood. You know we don't have quicksand in our neighborhood, right?

Quinn: It's not quicksand!

Me: For the record that wasn't a guess, I was just pointing that out.

At this point I spend the next several minutes trying to come up with what exactly is in our neighborhood that's smaller than me, is lethal and that we see on the way to school in the morning. And frankly I come up blank. So we finally get to school and I still haven't figured it out.

Quinn: Do you give up?

Me: Yep, you stumped me good. What is it?

Quinn: The sun.

Me: The sun? Wait, you said it was in our neighborhood.

Quinn: You can see it from our house.

Me: Hmmm, ok, I'll kind of give you that. But you also said it was smaller than me.

Quinn: It doesn't look bigger than you.

Me: Okay, you win this one.

No comments: