Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Let's Twist Again

Don't Panic! Has anyone seen my towel? We're under a tornado warning here until just after midnight. We've been having really high winds here. It's too bad the wind isn't blowing in the other direction, it would have saved me the trouble of having to do something about the leaves in the backyard. As it is, it's just made the whole situation worse.

Made some good progress at work today. Which is good since we have an internal demo on Thursday and then a customer demo on the following Thursday. Hopefully we don't have too much more to do (at some point we need to stop making changes for fear of completely breaking stuff before the customer demo). It's interesting, but I've noticed that it seems every year we have on of these work major crisis issues, and it's always right around this time of the year (when we all have so much free time on our hands and nothing else is going on).

Today was Tuesday, so that means Catherine attended her ballet class. I must admit, at first I was really hesitant about her taking the class, thinking her interest in it was just a fad. But she really likes it. And now we have so much Angelina Ballerina stuff that I'm not sure there's anything out there that we don't own.

When I got home tonight, the kids and Ginger were making homemade snowmen. They're really cute. They're made out of styrofoam balls, white pipe cleaner and filled in with black marker. Both kids just love snowmen. One of Quinn's favorite books is "The Snowman" by Raymond Biggs. We even have the video adaptation of the book which is actually semi faithful to the story in that it also has no speaking parts (except for a couple of setup lines at the beginning by the author). If you're a fan of George Winston (and really, who shouldn't be), then you've probably already heard some of the haunting melodies present in the video from his CD titled "The Forest". Speaking of Winston, I'm thinking I need to go find my "December" CD and start listening to that to get me into the holiday spirit.

No comments: