Friday, November 25, 2005

The Day After

Thanksgiving was good. Much like that old commercial though, "I can't believe I ate the whole thing." Food was great and plentiful. Kids were even well behaved through most of the day (yet something else to be thankful for). They were both starting to get a little cranky during the evening since neither of them had taken a nap, and that was in part due to the meal time slipping further and further into the day. The passed the time playing video games with their Nana. Ginger and her Dad spent part of the day doing construction in our bedroom (ok, they put up shelves). And no, I wasn't there helping them. I'm not exactly what you would call construction oriented (things have a habit of ending up in worse shape than they were once I'm through with them). Don't believe me? Then at some point I'll post where progress is on the project of replacing the screens on the gazebo on our deck (my goal at this point is to finish the project before Spring).

I started the day a little late, slept in till about 9:30. Things were already in full swing by the time I got downstairs. When I came downstairs there was already a nativity scene up on the grand piano. My Mom was one of those crazy people and had ventured out to Radio Shack at like 6:30 (she was gone and back before I was even up). And since it's the day after thanksgiving, apparently the tree had to go up. This is the first year that we're using a fake tree. I think we're still planning on getting a real one, but we've commandeered one of Ginger's parent's old tree for use also. So today that came out and got set up. The kids 'helped' put on the lights, then some ornaments. Quinn was much more interested in putting on ornaments than Catherine. Catherine spent most of her time cutting up ribbons, and cutting, and cutting, and cutting. And yes, she was supervised since neither Ginger nor I feel it's wise to leave her unsupervised with scissors (it's not that we're afraid she's going to hurt herself, but more who knows what will get cut).



After the tree was setup, everyone went to lunch at Arties (except me, I went into work for a couple hours, we have a big demo coming up in a couple weeks that we're preparing for). Later after the kids had napped, they made a Gingerbread house. I was actually surprised at how well it turned out. Ginger was responsible for all the white and the kids each got one side of the roof and various other pieces.


No comments: