Thursday, November 08, 2007

Batman Scheduled To Die (Possibly)


It twas truly cold again this morning.

Remember a while back when Captain America died. Then they replaced him with some new guy. According the rumor mill DC wants to get in on some of this action and will be killing off Batman next summer, or at least killing Bruce Wayne. DC is hoping to get the same type of press coverage that the Death of Captain America got in the media. Seems like poor timing to me though since that will be right around the time the next Batman movie comes out. Way to capitalize on potential new readers there, have all the books feature some new dude. No word yet on who will don the cape and take up the mantle of the Bat, but there are like four versions of Robins that are probably in the running. I doubt this will stick anymore than it stuck the last time Bruce Wayne had his back broken and got replaced for a year or so.


Things aren't looking too good for Reaper (my favorite new TV show of the season). The ratings continue a slow decline. I have to admit, so far there's been very little plot advancement and only two of the episodes have really done anything to advance the status quo. It feels like the old Star Trek series in that regard, where no episode had lasting consequences or was ever referenced in future episodes giving no true sense of continuity. In case you're wondering why the huge jump in viewers (relative large jump anyway) on the fourth week, I think that's because House (which is on the same time as Reaper and does huge numbers) wasn't on that week due to a Major League Baseball play off game or something. If the show has to go on a long hiatus due to the writer's strike, then I suspect the show may never recover.

Remember those videos I tried to post back on Tuesday? What's that? You say no one actually reads any of the text here. Ok, I can believe that. Anyway, I decided I should actually put them up since Google finally finished processing them. If you read the post about Catherine going to Cox Farms and saw the following picture:


You may have wondered what the heck I was doing all turned around. Well I had the small Nikon and was trying to film Catherine as we went down. I only partially succeeded and that's the first video.



The second video is of Quinn from our visit to the Science Center from last weekend. This was in the kids room.

3 comments:

The Dogfather said...

That's such a great idea and good execution of the slide action shot. I'm pretty sure if I'd tried that, *someone* would have wound up hurt, and possibly several people. ;-)

And yes we do read the text, well... mostly.

Curt Sawyer said...

I also watch Reaper. Are those numbers just viewers on the night it airs, or does it take into account time-shifting viewers (like me)? I never watch anything real-time, and frequently watch Reaper 2-3 days after it airs. Of course, I "FF" through commercials, so maybe they don't care about me as a viewer...

JamesF said...

The Reaper numbers include time shifting (except for the last week, which was this past Tuesday's show since they don't have the time shifted data for that yet). Based on the data I saw, it gains approximately .1 for time shifted viewings. So that last number might make it up to 2.5 million. The numbers have been fairly consistent since the third episode (not counting the one outlier where the baseball game was on).