Saturday, March 31, 2007

Where's The Good Humor Man?


Catherine is down in Richmond for the weekend (went down yesterday), so Quinn gets to pick what we're doing this weekend. And since the weather was so nice today, it makes perfect sense that he picked something to do indoors (sigh). So we all headed off for a couple of games of bowling.


I was about to call the police after getting robbed of so many strikes in the first game. I blame the lanes. I buried the ball in the pocket a bunch of times and the four pin would just sit there and wobble, taunting me.




This was the first time Quinn ever played an entire game without bumpers. And in addition to that change, I also tried teach him how to roll the ball instead of doing his normal shot put throw. The first couple of tries he didn't do very well rolling it (went into the gutter pretty fast) and he didn't seem to want to stick with it. So during the second game I eventually let him start bowling for me so he could practice. And after several frames, he got a lot better. He still can't do a full approach, but now he can stand at the line and roll the ball like he's suppose to (and it'll even hit some pins sometimes).


After bowling we went home and Ginger tried to take a nap while Quinn and I played outside. We had been out for a bit when all of a sudden we started hearing a Good Humor Man ice cream truck. Quinn's never been allowed to get ice cream from the roving truck before (because of Catherine's nut allergies), but since Catherine is in Richmond we decided to go get some.


We ran all over the neighborhood listening for the truck trying to find it and it always seemed to be pulling away from us. And wouldn't you know it, when we eventually gave up and started heading back home, we found it right down the street from our house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clearly you missed the pocket. 4 pin? Obviously you were too deep, or had inadequate spin. bah; rook.

Anonymous said...

Ice cream truck already? That must mean another month or two here! Boy am I ready! I have a jar full of change - gotta love it when they deliver the ice cream to your house!!! I went bowling yesterday too! Took one of the group home residents I work with. We had a great time, but we also used the bumpers. Due to some physical issues that seemed best. But she absolutely loved it. We will definitely be going again soon. (I got the idea in a previous post! Thanks)